Post-Doctoral position M/F (Ref: CS/MK/semantique/PostDoc/022023)
The selected candidate(s) will conduct fundamental, independent research in the area of goal-oriented semantic communication, covering various aspects and approaches, ranging from information theory to machine learning. Positions are funded by the ERC Consolidator Grant SONATA.
- Very good university degree (PhD/DPhil/Dr.-Ing. – completed or soon to be completed) in communications engineering/information technology, theoretical computer science, applied mathematics or related engineering or natural sciences.
- Profound knowledge on at least one of the following areas: theoretical foundations of communication and networks, information theory, applied mathematics, theoretical foundations of machine learning, signal processing.
- Strong publication record in top academic journals and venues (e.g., IEEE Transactions, top ML conferences, ACM).
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Organizational talent, excellent communication skills, and team spirit
The application must include:
- Detailed curriculum,
- One-page research statement explaining your interests, plans, achievements and why you think these could be a good fit,
- Name and address of three references.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com with the reference: CS/MK/semantique/PostDoc/022023