Visa/Resident permit


Students holding a passport outside the European Union must obtain a long-stay study visa to stay in France for the duration of their studies.

A 3-minute test to find out if you need a visa, and to complete your long-stay visa application procedure:

Access the test check your situation 

Your visa must be stamped when you enter European territory so that the date of entry is visible.

You have three months from the date of entry into France to validate your visa.

This paid procedure is done online : visa validation.


At the end of your first year of studies, approximately two months before the end of the validity of your visa, you will have to renew your residence permit at the prefecture of your place of residence.

If you are still in the Alpes Maritimes department, EURECOM will assist you in this process by sending you a reminder of the renewal date, as well as the list of documents you will need to provide.

For information, you must in particular produce your last 3 bank statements showing a minimum monthly credit of €615.

Please note: if you live outside our department, you will have to take the necessary steps with the Prefecture depending on your place of residence.


At the end of your studies and if you have fulfilled all the conditions for obtaining your diploma, you can apply for a "job search or business creation" residence permit.

This request is made online recherche d'emploi ou création d'entreprise".


a short video done by Campus France