- EVANS Nicholas
- EURECOM - Digital Security
- Professor classe 2
- 04 93 00 81 14
Current Research Topics
- Speaker recognition
- Presentation attack detection
- Privacy preservation
Current Research Interest
His current research interests include : speaker recognition, anti-spoofing, presentation attack detection, privacy preservation, biometrics
Over recent years he has participated, with notable success, in the internationally competitive Rich Transcription Evaluations in speaker diarization that are administered by the National Institute of Standards and Technology NIST) in the US.
He coordinated work in speaker recognition for the EU FP7 "TABULA RASA" project (grant agreement number 257289) and the joint-national "Adaptable Ambient Living Assistant" (ALIAS) project, co-funded by the EU and the national French Research Agency (ANR) through the Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) program (ref: AAL-2009-2-049)
Current Research Memberships
- Co-founder of the ASVspoof initiative, the Automatic Speaker Verification Spoofing and Countermeasures Challenge (http://www.asvspoof.org)
- He is a member of AFCP, ISCA, EURASIP, IEEE and its Signal Processing Society (SPS) and currently serves on its "Speech and Language Technical Committee".
- He is the lead guest editor for the "IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security" special issue on Biometric Spoofing and Countermeasures and the "IEEE Signal Processing Magazine" special issue on Biometric Security and Privacy, both due for publication in 2015.
- He currently serves as an associate editor for the "EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech and Music Processing", was co-chair for IWAENC 2014 and is technical program co-chair for EUSIPCO 2015.