(Course for Post Master and International Masters students only).
This module provides a global and coherent view of C-ITS standardization activities in major standard development organizations (SDOs) or industry consortia, such as the IEEE, the ETSI, the ISO, the IETF and the SAE. This module also illustrates the similarities and differences between different approaches in Europe, the US, and the rest of the world. This module finally details the standardization process related to different C-ITS technologies or information.
Teaching and Learning Methods: Lectures, Case Studies and attendance to standardization meetings.
Course Policies: Attendance to at least one standardization session.
- Book: HARTENSTEIN H., LABERTEAUX K. VANET: Vehicular Applications and Inter-Networking Technologies. John Wiley & Sons, 2010, 466p.
- Book: SOMMER C., DRESSLER F. Vehicular Networking. Cambridge University Press, 2014, 670p.
- Book: CAMPOLO C., MOLINARO A., SCOPIGNO R. Vehicular ad hoc Networks - Standards, Solutions, and Research. Springer, 2015, 544p.
Connected Vehicle Technologies
- IEEE 1609.x (WAVE)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- ETSI TC ITS
- CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium
- ISO CALM
- 3GPP LTE V2X
- To be able to understand the process of standardization in connected vehicles and C-ITS.
- To be able to know the key standard development organizations (SDO) involved in connected vehicles and C-ITS
- To be able to analyze a standard and its impact on connected vehicle a C-ITS technology.
Nb hours: 21.00
- Lab reports (20 % of the final grade),
- Final Exam (80% of the final grade)