Current Research Topics
- Semantic Data Integration
- Knowledge Graphs
- Semantic Web
- Natural Language Understanding
- Information Extraction
- Recommender Systems
Current Research Interest
- Raphaël Troncy is an expert in multimedia semantics, multimedia metadata interoperability and semantic web technologies.
- He is working on information extraction framework, knowledge graphs and enrichment framework for multimedia and TV content.
- He works closely with the W3C and the IPTC standardization bodies as well as the European Broadcasting Union on the relationship between the TV, image and video metadata standards and semantic web technologies.
Current Research Memberships
He is the W3C Advisory Committee Representative for the member Institut Telecom / EURECOM
He is founder and co-chair of the W3C Media Fragments Working Group and of the W3C Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group
He is an active member of various W3C working groups (Media Annotations, Web Annotations, Data on the Web, CSV, etc.)
He served as a technical reviewer of more than 60 international conferences and journals and has organized around 25 workshops
He is an expert of the European Commission under the 7th ICT and H2020 Programs and of the French National Research Agency (ANR)