EURECOM’s Communication System Department invites applications for multiple full-time, 18-month research engineering positions (M/F) to work on a 5G NR D2D/V2X on the Open5G Software Defined Radio (SDR) platform OpenAirInterface.
5G and Beyond5G technologies promise a significant increase in capacity for end-users and an unprecedented flexibility in the network management for network operators. 5G-based Device-to-Device (D2D) or Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) communications are also expected to radically impact the automotive industry, but also larger stakeholders, ranging from railways, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), industrial robotics or even agriculture.
The objective of this position is to work on the 5G platform OpenAirInterface (http://openairinterface.org/), extend it with a 3GPP rel.17/18 5G D2D/V2X architecture and create an open 5G NR D2D/V2X prototype supporting industrial wireless requirements. This would lead to prototype tests, contribution to standards and publications.
More specifically, the focus of the multiple positions will be primarily to: (i) extend the 5G NR protocol architecture with 3GPP D2D/V2X functions; (ii) extend the 5G NR PHY layer to support D2D/V2X; (iii) develop a 5G D2D/V2X standard scheduler (iv) integrate 5G NR D2D relaying functionalities (v) develop a 5G Proximity Services (ProSe) architecture;
This work will be carried out in the context of various international projects, including European leading industry in IoT, Railway and 5G communications. The candidate will also closely work with the large OAI community of developers.
EURECOM is an English-speaking school that enjoys a special status within the group of French Ivy League schools, or “Grandes Ecoles”, as it is the only engineering school in France with a full English language curriculum. Besides teaching at the MSc and PhD levels, EURECOM’s activities mainly revolve around research in the domains of networking, computer security, data-science and mobile communications. It has some 150 employees, including 125 scientists.
- Education Level / Degree: Master-level degree or PhD degree, or their equivalent
- Field / specialty: Computer Science, Electrical or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Technologies: A very good background in wireless communication systems (4G/5G) in at least one of these domains - physical, protocol or service layers. Knowledge in C-ITS technologies, V2X communication and networks is highly appreciated.
- Languages / systems: Good C or C++ programming skills are required.
- Other skills / specialties: 3GPP and C-ITS standard knowledge
- Other important elements: Strong communication skills and keen to operate in a multidisciplinary team. Fluent in English (speaking, writing), French not required.
The application must include (I, II and III):
- I-Curriculum Vitae
- II-Motivation letter of two pages also presenting the perspectives of research and education
- III-Names and addresses of three references
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference :
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed Term Contract 18 months