The goal of this course is to equip students with security and privacy technologies for the Big Data and the cloud computing paradigm. Students will discover the latest advances in privacy and security technologies and will understand their limitations as well.
Teaching and Learning Methods: Lectures (sometimes invited) and homework.
Course Policies: Homework and final project are mandatory.
Book: RASS S., SLAMANIG D. Cryptography for Security and Privacy in Cloud Computing. Artech House, 2013, 255p.
Book: WINKLER V. (J.R.) Securing the Cloud, Cloud Computer Security Techniques and tactics. Syngress, 2011, 314p.
Slides and scientific papers.
It is recommended to have followed “Secure communications” (SecCom) or equivalent before taking this course. Basic knowledge of cryptography is recommended too.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Key privacy and security requirements & risks
- Advanced cryptographic tools for data security and privacy
- Database anonymity and privacy
- Legal aspects
- Identify key security and privacy risks,
- Understand what the GDPR means, and demonstrate knowledge of the main technologies available for data security and privacy.
Nb hours: 21,00
- Homework (15% of the final grade),
- Final project (25% of the final grade),
- Exam (60% of the final grade)