EURECOM / Institut Carnot Telecom et Société Numérique 2023 Excellence Scholarship program
EURECOM is a top-ranked school of engineer and research lab within ICT area, located in Europe’s premier high-tech park Sophia-Antipolis, in one of the world’s attractions, the French Riviera. EURECOM is a joint-venture by some of Europe's leading Technical Universities and industry labs.
EURECOM is internationally recognized for its excellence into the Digital Science field and proposes 4 Master of science fully taught in English in:
- Internet Of Things,
- Digital Security,
- Data Science and Engineering,
- Intelligent Communciation Systems.
For our next 2023 fall intake (September 2023), EURECOM, with the support of the Institut Carnot, has established the EURECOM / Carnot TSN Excellence scholarship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science with us and who can demonstrate a proven appetite for research.
Candidate selection is based on excellence and motivation.
Field of study:
Eligible Master’s Programs offered at EURECOM
Number of Awards:
- Up to 15 EXCELLENCE scholarships of 5.000 euros
All students including international students applying to one of our 4 master of science.
For external applicants, the program includes a limited number (up to 15) EXCELLENCE scholarships of EUR 5.000 for the complete master (24 months). The scholarship is paid to the awarded student after arrival at EURECOM (Nov-Dec 2023 to be confirmed).
Please note that:
- Accommodation, tuition fees, visa fees, etc. must be paid by the scholarship holder.
- Scholarship can’t be combined with the partial tuition fee waiver EURECOM’s program.
- Scholarships are to be used for entry in academic year 2023/24only and cannot be used for 2024/25 entry or beyond.
- If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to EURECOM, you will lose your scholarship.
- holding a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Computer science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, etc) from a recognized top university :
- must appear in one of the international ranking list: THE, QS, ARWU
- or in Top 50 Chinese Universities according to ARWU , Top 50 Indian engineering colleges or universities (NIRF India)
- Depending on the case, top universities of the country appearing in THE, QS, ARWU, CS Ranking, Scimago by subject : Computer Science and ICT; or Location: Asia or Latin America ranking or in QS BRICS, Asia, Latin America, Arab Region or EECA (Emerging Europe and Central Asia) ranking
- Minimum Overall GPA score of 3.5/4 or belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class
(an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.)
- Be research-driven: to be able to demonstrate his/her appetite to undertake a PhD -preferably at EURECOM- after the Master (a short letter explaining your motivation for research and your possible topic will be required).
The selection of candidates and the granting of the scholarship is done based solely on the evaluation of the academic records of the candidates, their motivation and the recognition of their university.
It is however necessary to specify in your motivation letter that your profile should also be considered for one of the EURECOM-CARNOT TSN excellence scholarship and state clearly your high overall GPA, your appetite for research and the ranking of your university in one of the rankings above mentioned.
Besides the normal application package, you will also be asked to upload three (3) additional “Excellence scholarship” specific documents:
- Proof of excellence of your university (ex: screenshot of ranking webpage)
- Your overall GPA or belonging to top 10% of your class (one page where the information is highlighted)
- One short letter describing your appetite for research and – if possible- the topic you foresee (one page maximum).
Applications can be filled online from 01 FEBRUARY to 15 JUNE 2023.
Accepting an offer
Scholarships need to be accepted within two weeks of formal notification. Scholarships not accepted will be reallocated. Please ensure you check your contact email regularly