Current research topics
His research interest include Semantic Web and Multimedia Technologies, Knowledge Representation, Information Extraction, Ontology Modeling and Alignment and Web Science.
His current specific subjects: Multimedia semantics and multimedia interlinking for hypervideos, Semantic Data Integration for smart cities and knowledge bases population (NER)
Current research interests
- Raphaël Troncy is an expert in multimedia semantics, multimedia metadata interoperability and semantic web technologies.
- He is working on information extraction framework, knowledge graphs and enrichment framework for multimedia and TV content.
- He works closely with the W3C and the IPTC standardization bodies as well as the European Broadcasting Union on the relationship between the TV, image and video metadata standards and semantic web technologies.
Current research memberships
He is the W3C Advisory Committee Representative for the member Institut Telecom / EURECOM
He is founder and co-chair of the W3C Media Fragments Working Group and of the W3C Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group
He is an active member of various W3C working groups (Media Annotations, Web Annotations, Data on the Web, CSV, etc.)
He served as a technical reviewer of more than 60 international conferences and journals and has organized around 25 workshops
He is an expert of the European Commission under the 7th ICT and H2020 Programs and of the French National Research Agency (ANR)
- Multimedia Semantics Group
- Media Fragments WG
- Multimedia Semantics XG
- Event Ontology (LODE)
- Named Entity Recognition and Disambiguation (NERD)
- NewsML Ontology
- Multimedia Ontology (COMM)
- MPEG-7 Validation Service (VAMP)
- Best AI Mashup Award with his co-authors Ahmad Assaf and Aline Senart for the article "SNARC - An approach for aggregating and recommending contextualized social content" (ESWC 2013).
- 1st prize of the Semantic Web Challenge with his co-authors Houda Khrouf et Vuk Milicic (ISWC 2012) for the article "EventMedia live: Exploring events connections in real-time to enhance content".