Research Fellow in the National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI), 2006-2009, Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
ERCIM Fellow in the National Research Council (CNR), 2005, Pisa (Italy) and in the National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI), 2006, Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Systems and Communications, 2004, University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble (France), CIFRE between INA and INRIA
From 2000 till 2004, he worked for the National Institute of Audio-visual (INA) in Paris where he did his PhD with INRIA funded by a CIFRE Fellowship.
- Multimedia Semantics Group
- Media Fragments WG
- Multimedia Semantics XG
- Event Ontology (LODE)
- Named Entity Recognition and Disambiguation (NERD)
- NewsML Ontology
- Multimedia Ontology (COMM)
- MPEG-7 Validation Service (VAMP)
- He won for his paper "The SentiME system at the SSA challenge Task 1," the prize "Polarity Detection" awarded by the jury of the 2016 ESWC
- Raphaël TRONCY and his team won the First Prize of the Semantic Web Challenge at ISWC 2015 for the second time
- Best Paper Award AND Best Poster Award at K-CAP 2015 (International Conference on Knowledge Capture)
- Ahmad Assaf, Raphaël Troncy and their co-author won a Best Paper Award for the article "Roomba: An extensible framework to validate and build dataset profiles" during PROFILES 2015
- Best AI Mashup Award with his co-authors Ahmad Assaf and Aline Senart for the article "SNARC - An approach for aggregating and recommending contextualized social content" (ESWC 2013).
- 1st prize of the Semantic Web Challenge with his co-authors Houda Khrouf et Vuk Milicic (ISWC 2012) for the article "EventMedia live: Exploring events connections in real-time to enhance content"