- He is currently Associate Professor within the Multimedia Communications Department where he teaches classes on “Human-computer interaction for the Web” and on “Semantic Web technologies”.
- Previously, he taught undergraduate courses on programming introduction in the University René Descartes-Paris 5 and has been a guest lecturer for graduate courses in knowledge-based media systems and multimedia semantics for the University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands), the University of Glasgow (UK), the University Polytechnic of Madrid (Spain) and the University of Cali (Colombia).
His research interest include Semantic Web and Multimedia Technologies, Knowledge Representation, Information Extraction, Ontology Modeling and Alignment and Web Science.
His current specific subjects: Multimedia semantics and multimedia interlinking for hypervideos, Semantic Data Integration for smart cities and knowledge bases population (NER)
- Multimedia Semantics Group
- Media Fragments WG
- Multimedia Semantics XG
- Event Ontology (LODE)
- Named Entity Recognition and Disambiguation (NERD)
- NewsML Ontology
- Multimedia Ontology (COMM)
- MPEG-7 Validation Service (VAMP)
- Best AI Mashup Award with his co-authors Ahmad Assaf and Aline Senart for the article "SNARC - An approach for aggregating and recommending contextualized social content" (ESWC 2013).
- 1st prize of the Semantic Web Challenge with his co-authors Houda Khrouf et Vuk Milicic (ISWC 2012) for the article "EventMedia live: Exploring events connections in real-time to enhance content".