+32 472 46 91 77
Current research interests
- Speech recognition in adverse environment (noise and echo) and under diverse intrinsic variations such as speaker's pace, stress and accent.
- Automatic analysis of audio records: detection and identification of speakers, music, jingles, silence.
- Stochastic signal processing.
- Neural networks and their application to speech processing.
Current research memberships
- He is Life Senior Member of IEEE.
- He was a member of the first IEEE-TC on Neural Networks.
- He was a member of the IEEE STC in 2002-2005.
- He was an elected member of the ISCA board from 2000 to 2007, and remains member ex-officio as editor of ISCApad monthly newsletter.
- He co-authored the paper winning the ISCA 2009 best paper award at the interspeech conference in Brighton, « Automatic speech recognition and speech variability: a review » published in the "Speech communication journal", Sept. 10, 2009.
- In 2005, he received the Christoffel Plantin Award (Belgium) as an outstanding Belgian personality working abroad.