- He taught several courses on network security, applied cryptography, protocols and networking at EURECOM.
- He currently is responsible for the Security track and the Master of Science in Communications and Computer Security at EURECOM.
- He also taught security and applied cryptography courses at the doctoral school on communications and in the postgraduate program at EPFL, in the networking and multimedia department of TELECOM Bretagne.
- He held several continued education sessions on network security with industrial companies such as IBM, HP and as part of the Cap-sesa Institut professional education seminars.
Design and analysis of security mechanisms and cryptographic protocols for:
- self-organizing systems
- cloud computing and on-line social networks
- trust management
- privacy-preserving mechanisms
- Best Paper Award with Mehdi Khalfaoui, SENSORCOMM 2011, "Privacy preserving products tracking in clustered supply chain"
- Best Student Paper Award with Alessandro Sorniotti, IFIP SEC 2009, "A provably secure secret handshake with dynamic controlled matching"
- IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (1989)
- IBM Research Division Award (1988)