Current research topics
Design and analysis of security mechanisms and cryptographic protocols for:
- self-organizing systems
- cloud computing and on-line social networks
- trust management
- privacy-preserving mechanisms
Current research interests
- His major interests are applied cryptography and design of security protocols and privacy-preserving mechanisms for networks and distributed systems.
- He has been responsible for several research projects on multicast key management and authentication, mobile network security, anonymity, intrusion detection, right management, and privacy in on-line social networks.
- Beside security, he worked on distributed multimedia applications over high speed networks and on network interconnection.
Current research memberships
- He sat in several expert committees for the European Commission and French National organisations such as RNRT, ACI Sécurité, AERES and in scientific committees for various academic institutions.
- He has been the PC chair for IEEE ICC Security Symposium, Securecomm, the general chair for ESORICS and RAID, and PC chair for several workshops as well as a program committee member numerous conferences in security and networking including ACM CCS, IEEE INFOCOM, ACM SIGCOMM, IEEE ICDCS, ACM ASIA CCS, and ESORICS.
- He has been a member of the editorial board for "Computer Networks", and is member of "Computer Communications", and "Pervasive and Mobile Computing" Journals and the "International Journal of Information Security".
- Best Paper Award with Mehdi Khalfaoui, SENSORCOMM 2011, "Privacy preserving products tracking in clustered supply chain"
- Best Student Paper Award with Alessandro Sorniotti, IFIP SEC 2009, "A provably secure secret handshake with dynamic controlled matching"
- IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (1989)
- IBM Research Division Award (1988)