- He is currently with the EURECOM, Digital Security dept. as a Professor
- He teaches Image and Video Processing and Coding, and Imaging for Security Applications (Watermarking, Steganography, Biometrics, Video surveillance and Forensics)
ImCompress / Fall 2015 - Image and video Compression and Processing
- This course presents progressive coverage of Image and Video Compression and Processing.
ImSecu / Spring 2016 - Imaging for security applications watermarking & biometrics
- Watermarking : Watermarking allows owners or providers to hide an invisible and robust message inside a digital Multimedia document, mainly for security purposes such as owner or content authentication. There is a complex trade-off between the different parameters : capacity, visibility and robustness.
- Biometrics : The security fields uses three different types of authentication : something you know, something you have, ore something you are : a biometric. Common physical biometrics includes fingerprints, hand geometry ; and retina, iris or facial characteristics. Behavioural characters include signature, voice. Ultimately, the technologies could find their strongest role as intertwined and complementary pieces of a multifactor authentication system. In the future biometrics is seen playing a key role in enhancing security, residing in smart cards and supporting personalized Web e-commerce services. Personalization through person authentication is also very appealing in the consumer product area.
- This course will focus on enabling technologies for Biometrics, with a particular emphasis on person verification and authentication based on or widely using image/video processing.
- In June 2016, he has received with his PhD student Grégory Antipov, a double Award (Best Paper Award and 1st Place Award) for their paper "Apparent Age Estimation from Face Images Combining General and Children-Specialized Deep Learning Models" (IEEE CVPR).
- In November 2013, he has received with his co-authors Xuran Zhao and Nicholas Evans, a Best Student Paper Award for the article "Unsupervised multi-view dimensionality reduction with application to audio-visual speaker retrieval".
- He received the Fellow Distinction from IEEE in 2012.
- In July 2011, he was awarded a Best Presentation Award (with Antitza Dantcheva) for the article "Female facial aesthetics based on soft biometrics and photo-quality"
- He was awarded the SEE 2010 Blondel Medal for his outstanding work in biometrics and digital watermarking.