- He is currently with the EURECOM, Multimedia Communications dept. as a Professor
- He teaches Image and Video Processing and Coding, and Imaging for Security Applications (Watermarking, Steganography, Biometrics, Video surveillance and Forensics)
- Image Processing and Coding
- 2D/3D Facial Image Analysis
- Biometrics and Video surveillance
- Image Forensics
- He was awarded the SEE 2010 Blondel Medal for his outstanding work in biometrics and digital watermarking.
- In July 2011, he was awarded a Best Presentation Award (with Antitza Dantcheva) for the article "Female facial aesthetics based on soft biometrics and photo-quality"
- He is co-author (with F. Perronin and Prof. K. Rose, UC Santa Barbara) of a paper that received the IEEE ICIP 2003 Best Student Paper Award « A probabilistic model of face mapping with local transformations and its application to person recognition »