- He is currently with the EURECOM, Digital Security dept. as a Professor
- He teaches Image and Video Processing and Coding, and Imaging for Security Applications (Watermarking, Steganography, Biometrics, Video surveillance and Forensics)
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
- 2D/3D Facial Image Analysis
- Biometrics and Video surveillance
- Image Forensics
- In November 2013, he has received with his co-authors Xuran Zhao and Nicholas Evans, a Best Student Paper Award for the article "Unsupervised multi-view dimensionality reduction with application to audio-visual speaker retrieval".
- He received the Fellow Distinction from IEEE in 2012.
- In July 2011, he was awarded a Best Presentation Award (with Antitza Dantcheva) for the article "Female facial aesthetics based on soft biometrics and photo-quality"
- He was awarded the SEE 2010 Blondel Medal for his outstanding work in biometrics and digital watermarking.