Christian Bonnet joined EURECOM as an associate professor in 1992. He was at the head of the Communication systems Department of EURECOM from 1998 to 2011. His teaching activities are :
- 4G and beyond systems
- Wireless LAN and Ad Hoc Networking
- Protocols for mobile Internet
- Protocols for Internet of Things
MobIP / Spring 2016 - Mobile Networking
This module addresses the mobility management in IP Networks (Internet or private networks). In particular the various mobility schemes based on IPv6 are detailed. Application to 3GPP / WiFi IP Flow mobility is presented.
- Basic IP Mobility concepts: Mobile IPv4
- Basic IPv6 mechanisms
- Host based Mobility: Mobile IPv6
Network based Mobility: Local mobility management
- Network mobility (NEMO)
- Aplication to 3GPP (LTE R13 and above) IP Flow Mobility
- IPv4 to IPv6 transition mechanisms (depending on course pace)
MobSys / Fall 2015 - Mobile communication systems
This course presents a serie of mobile systems in their entirety to synthetize the knowledge gained in more fundamental courses. It explores current and emerging standards and follows the evolution of various mobile services. It covers : GSM, for Circuit switched voice service : protocols in the core, access networks. Radio interface management for circuit switched and packets.
2G system : GSM overview
- The Circuit Switched approach : Global procedures to handle Mobility and Mobile phone Calls
- Radio Interface Architecture
2.5 G system : GPRS/EDGE
- Impact of Packet Switching : Core Network procedures and Radio Interface
4G systems : LTE Network Architecture
- 3GPP LTE Core Network, Mobility procedure, Radio Interface architecture and protocols
- All IP Architecture : IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
- 2G system : GSM overview
- 3rd Prize Excellent Paper Award for "IoT device management framework for smart home scenarios" with T. Perumal and SK Datta during GCCE 2015.
- Best Paper Award for "The connectivity control framework: Enabling session continuity in multi-domain environments" with M. Wetterwald during MOBILITY 2014.
- Best Demo/Poster Award for "Modeling and Simulating ITS Applications with iTETRIS" with J. Härri during ACM MSWIM 2011.
- Best Paper Award for the paper "Multicast and Virtual Road Side Units for Multi Technology Alert Messages Dissemination", with D. Câmara, M. Wetterwald and N. Nikaein during WIMAPS 2011.
- Best Technical Paper Award of the VTC Fall 2005, with J. Härri for "A lower bound for vehicles' trajectory duration".