Christian Bonnet joined EURECOM as an associate professor in 1992. He was at the head of the Mobile Communications Department of EURECOM from 1998 to 2011. His teaching activities are :
- Real time and distributed systems
- Mobile Communications systems
- Wireless LAN and Ad Hoc Networking
- Protocols for mobile Internet
- Protocols for mobility management for all IP based systems
- Medium Access Control Protocols on the radio access (wireless LAN, Ad Hoc Networks)
- Mobile Ad Hoc protocols (routing, multicast, topology management)
- Cross Layer design of wireless systems
- Best Demo/Poster Award for "Modeling and Simulating ITS Applications with iTETRIS" with Jérôme Härri during ACM MSWIM 2011, the 14th ACM International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems, October 31-November 4, 2011, Miami Beach, FL, USA.
- Best Paper Award for the paper "Multicast and Virtual Road Side Units for Multi Technology Alert Messages Dissemination", with Daniel Câmara, Michelle Wetterwald and Navid Nikaein during the First International Workshop on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks for Public Safety Systems, IEEE, Valencia, Spain, October 2011.
- He received the Best Technical Paper Award of the VTC’ Fall 2005, 62nd IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Dallas, USA, with Jérôme Haerri for "A lower bound for vehicles’ trajectory duration"
- In 2001, he received with his team members the “Prix de la Recherche Telecom Valley” for outstanding research in the field of Software Defined Radio