Christian Bonnet joined EURECOM as an associate professor in 1992. He was at the head of the Communication systems Department of EURECOM from 1998 to 2011. His teaching activities are :
- 4G and beyond systems
- Wireless LAN and Ad Hoc Networking
- Protocols for mobile Internet
- Protocols for Internet of Things
- Protocols for mobility management for all IP based systems
- M2M Communications
- Mobile Ad Hoc protocols (routing, multicast, topology management)
- Cross Layer design of wireless systems
- Internet of Things
- 3rd Prize Excellent Paper Award for "IoT device management framework for smart home scenarios" with T. Perumal and SK Datta during GCCE 2015.
- Best Paper Award for "The connectivity control framework: Enabling session continuity in multi-domain environments" with M. Wetterwald during MOBILITY 2014.
- Best Demo/Poster Award for "Modeling and Simulating ITS Applications with iTETRIS" with J. Härri during ACM MSWIM 2011.
- Best Paper Award for the paper "Multicast and Virtual Road Side Units for Multi Technology Alert Messages Dissemination", with D. Câmara, M. Wetterwald and N. Nikaein during WIMAPS 2011.
- Best Technical Paper Award of the VTC Fall 2005, with J. Härri for "A lower bound for vehicles' trajectory duration".