- MSc degree from Ecole Nationale des Mines de Nancy in 1978, France
- Prof Christian Bonnet started his career in the domain of programming languages.
- He participated to the definition of the programming language ADA. and the implementation of the first European ADA compiler within the ALSYS company.
- He joined GSI-TECSI in 1983 as a consultant.
- He worked on different projects related to radio communications systems, value added networks and real time systems.
- In 1987 he was appointed Director of the Real Time Department of GSI Tecsi, and Responsible for the R&D European IST projects (DESCARTES, DRAGON, REX.)
- Best Demo/Poster Award for "Modeling and Simulating ITS Applications with iTETRIS" with Jérôme Härri during ACM MSWIM 2011, the 14th ACM International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems, October 31-November 4, 2011, Miami Beach, FL, USA.
- Best Paper Award for the paper "Multicast and Virtual Road Side Units for Multi Technology Alert Messages Dissemination", with Daniel Câmara, Michelle Wetterwald and Navid Nikaein during the First International Workshop on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks for Public Safety Systems, IEEE, Valencia, Spain, October 2011.
- He received the Best Technical Paper Award of the VTC' Fall 2005, 62nd IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Dallas, USA, with Jérôme Haerri for "A lower bound for vehicles' trajectory duration".