Current research topics
- Advanced malware analysis, with a particular focus on techniques to identify and classify malicious code that implements countermeasures to avoid automatic analysis.
- New threats in web security.
Current research interests
- His research interests include most aspects of system security and in particular the areas of intrusion detection and prevention, binary and malware analysis, reverse engineering, and web security.
Current research memberships
- He has been a program committee member for several international conferences and workshops.
- He is co-chair at RAID 2011.
- He was a member of the red team involved in testing the capability and security of the voting machines certified for use in the State of Ohio (Project Everest) and in the top-to-bottom review of the electronic voting machines certified for use in California.
In 2011, he received with his co-authors the Best Paper Award for "Automated discovery of parameter pollution vulnerabilities in web applications" (NDSS'11).