- Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece (2000)
- PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California (USC), Unites States
- He is very actively involved in many collaborative research projects with industry in the area of mobile networks
- In 2012, he received a Best Paper Award with his co-authors Andreea Picu and Theus Hossmann for the article "An analysis of the information spreading delay in heterogeneous mobility DTNs" (WOWMOM 2012).
- He is the recipient of the best paper award for the IEEE conference on Sensor and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks, for the paper titled "Optimal Buffer Management Policies in Delay Tolerant Networks", co-authored with Chadi Barakat and Amir Krifa.