He has taught speech coding for mobile communications, signal modeling and coding, radio engineering, advanced topics, and currently teaches statistical signal processing and signal processing techniques for wireless and wireline communications.
- Transmitter and receiver design for 4G/5G systems, with multiple antennas / users / cells, relaying; capacity and diversity analysis, interference management, cognitive radio, localization
- Audio signal processing: acoustic echo cancelation, dereverberation, source separation, enhancement
- Joint Wiener filtering and parameter estimation, empirical Bayes estimation, Variational Bayesian techniques
- Prof. Dirk SLOCK was elected "EURASIP Fellow" in 2015
- In January 2006, he was elected IEEE FELLOW «for contributions to adaptive filtering and signal processing for wireless communications»
- He received one Best Journal Paper Award from the IEEE-SP and one from EURASIP in 1992
- He is the coauthor of two IEEE Globecom 98 and one IEEE SPAWC 2005, Best Student Paper Awards