While an adjunct professor at the University of Oslo, and now as a Professor at the Mobile Communications Laboratory of EURECOM, David Gesbert has been teaching in the field of :
- statistical signal processing
- advanced topics for wireless communications
- information theory
- mobile networking
- Communications and information theory for wireless networks
- High spectra efficiency techniques for 5G networks
- Distributed algorithms in cooperative wireless networks
- Cognitive radio
D. Gesbert has published over 200 papers and several patents all in the area of signal processing, communications, and wireless networks.
- Has received the Fellow distinction from IEEE (2011)
- Best Paper Award 2012 of IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
- He authored or co-authored papers winning the 2004 IEEE Best Tutorial Paper Award (Communications Society) for a 2003 JSAC (Journal on Selected Areas in Communications) paper on MIMO systems,
- 2005 Best Paper (Young Author) Award for Signal Proc. Society journals.