While an adjunct professor at the University of Oslo, and now as a Professor at the Mobile Communications Laboratory of EURECOM, David Gesbert has been teaching in the field of :
- statistical signal processing
- advanced topics for wireless communications
- information theory
- mobile networking
- Communications and information theory for wireless networks
- High spectra efficiency techniques for 5G networks
- Distributed algorithms in cooperative wireless networks
- Cognitive radio
D. Gesbert has published over 200 papers and several patents all in the area of signal processing, communications, and wireless networks.
Prof. David Gesbert is included in the Thomson Reuters list of "The World's Most Influential Scientific Minds for 2014"
In 2015, David Gesbert has received an ERC Advanced Grant for his project PERFUME
- Best Paper Award 2012 of IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
- Has received the Fellow distinction from IEEE (2011)
- He authored or co-authored papers winning the 2004 IEEE Best Tutorial Paper Award (Communications Society) for a 2003 JSAC (Journal on Selected Areas in Communications) paper on MIMO systems,
- 2005 Best Paper (Young Author) Award for Signal Proc. Society journals.