Eurecom - Networking and Security
Doctoral student ( 2012 - 2015)
- Andrei Costin is currently a PhD student in the Network and Security department of EURECOM in Sophia-Antipolis, France, under the supervision of Aurélien Professor Aurelien Francillon.
- He received his 5 year Engineer degree from the Universitatea Politehnica Bucuresti (UPB) in Computer Systems and Communication Networks in 2006. His thesis thopic was "Face detection, face tracking and feature extraction in color images and videos", with main application in biometrics and multimedia. His thesis results have been successfully integrated in a profitable commercial range of multimedia hardware products.
- His research interests include system security, embedded devices security designs, firmware analysis, reverse engineering, as well as telecom/mobile security.
- From 2006, Andrei held various developer positions with main experience focused on: multimedia and face-based computer vision, telecom billing and telecom business intelligence, GSM/UMTS/GPS custom developments.
- His main techical experience focused on technologies such as OpenCV (computer vision), Mifare Classic security (RFID), broad coverage of printers and MFP related security, and more recently air traffic systems and avionics security.