Tania VILLA TRAPALA
- Tania Villa obtained the degree of Telematics Engineering with honors from Autonomous Technological Institute of Mexico (ITAM) in November 2006. Her bachelor thesis, "Reservation Techniques to Improve Cellular Networks", was awarded with the "XIII EX-ITAM Research Award".
- After her engineering studies, she spent two years working for a Mexican cellular operator (UNEFON) in the network planning and radio frequency engineering departments.
- In January 2010, she has been awarded the Degree of Master of Science in Wireless Systems by the Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden.
- Her Master thesis "Performance Evaluation of Femtocell Deployments in LTE Networks" was carried out at Deutsche Telekom Laboratories in Berlin under the supervision of Dr. Pablo Vidales and Dr. Ruben Merz. During her internship at Deutsche Telekom Laboratories, she also collaborated as a research fellow at Humboldt University in Berlin.
- In May 2010, she joined the Mobile Communication Department at EURECOM to work on her Doctoral thesis under the supervision of Prof. Raymond Knopp in collaboration with Dr. Ruben Merz (Deutsche Telekom Laboratories). Her current research focuses on interference management techniques for femtocell networks. Her research interests also include design, modeling and performance evaluation of uncoordinated future cellular networks.