OpenAirInterface (www.openairinterface.org) is the most complete open-source software stack for 3GPP based 4G and 5G systems that runs on general purpose computing and radio hardware. It is a truly collaborative project with more than 50 contributors from more than 20 institutions worldwide. It was created by Eurecom and is now hosted by the OpenAirInterface Software Alliance. However, Eurecom is still one of the major contributors to the project.
In this context, we are actively looking for a developer (m/f) of our 5G New Radio modem with a focus on (but not limited to) the development of the lower layers (PHY and MAC) of both UE and gNB. The development will also include some advanced features of the standard, such as MIMO, mm-wave beamforming, ultra-reliable low-latency communications, industrial IoT, time-sensitive networks, positioning and localization, non-terrestrial networks, etc.
EURECOM is also maintaining an experimental 5G radio network on the SophiaTech campus using two frequency allocations for indoor and outdoor 4G/5G radio equipment. This deployment aims to showcase OpenAirInterface (OAI) 5G software tools both for the radio-access and core networking components. This will be a living lab used remotely by the partners of the various projects as well as the general OAI community and hopefully SMEs developing vertical applications for future 5G networks.
- Education Level / Degree: Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. A PhD is also very highly considered, although not absolutely mandatory for the position.
- Field / specialty: Telecommunications
- Technologies: Modern Software Engineering tools, Basic radio-network knowledge and familiarity with 3GPP-based systems, especially 5G new radio.
- Languages / systems: C/C++, Linux networking, community-based open-source software tools (e.g. git, Jenkins)
- Other skills / specialties: Project Management, 4G/5G radio-access and/or core network protocols (both is a definite plus).
- Other important elements: Fluency in written and spoken English
The application must include (I, II and III):
- I-Curriculum Vitae
- II-Motivation letter
- III-Names and addresses of three references
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference : CS_FK_ING_5GNR_052021
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed Term Contract [18 months] potentially leading to Indefinite Term Contract