The Communication Systems department of EURECOM is looking for a Post Doctoral researcher for a collaborative research project on time sensitive networking (TSN) in private 5G networks. The project aims at making safe, reliable and real-time end-to-end communication over and in private 5G campus networks available with leading industry companies in France and Germany. EURECOM's role in the project is to develop TSN features into the OpenAirInterface open source software at both the radio access and the core network. We are looking for candidates with a PhD in electrical engineering or similar with a good understanding of 3GPP 5G systems, good software development skills and who are enthusiastic about open source software.
OpenAirInterface (www.openairinterface.org) is the most complete open-source software stack for 3GPP based 4G and 5G systems that runs on general purpose computing and radio hardware. It is a truly collaborative project with more than 50 contributors from more than 20 institutions worldwide. It was created by EURECOM and is now hosted by the OpenAirInterface Software Alliance. However, Eurecom is still one of the major contributors to the project.
EURECOM is also maintaining an experimental 5G radio network on the SophiaTech campus using two frequency allocations for indoor and outdoor 4G/5G radio equipment. This deployment aims to showcase OpenAirInterface (OAI) 5G software tools both for the radio access and core networking components. This living lab is used remotely by the partners of the various projects as well as the general OAI community for interoperability testing and experimentation with private 5G networks.
- Education Level / Degree: Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. A PhD is also very highly considered, although not absolutely mandatory for the position.
- Field / specialty: Telecommunications
- Technologies: Modern Software Engineering tools, Basic radio-network knowledge and familiarity with 3GPP-based systems, especially 5G new radio.
- Languages / systems: C/C++, Linux networking, community-based open-source software tools (e.g. git, Jenkins)
- Other skills / specialties: Project Management, 4G/5G radio-access and/or core network protocols (both is a definite plus).
- Other important elements: Fluency in written and spoken English
The application must include (I, II and III):
- I-Curriculum Vitae
- II-Motivation letter
- III-Names and addresses of three references
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com with the reference : CS_FK_ING_5GNR_012023
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed Term Contract [18 months] potentially leading to Indefinite Term Contract