We are looking for a talented Ph.D. candidate to help us advance state of the art in data-intensive systems design. The candidate will be embedded in the Data Science department at EURECOM, and will be supervised by Dr. Raja Appuswamy.
Dr. Appuswamy’s group focuses on high-performance algorithms, methods, and system development for data-intensive application domains like computational biology, molecular information storage, hybrid transactional and analytical processing. Dr. Appuswamy is a PI in several prestigious European and French research projects on topics like DNA storage, cloud/edge computing, and computational methods for precision oncology.
The candidate will be able to pursue interdisciplinary research and choose from a broad range of research topics and application areas. The recent work of our students has led to publication in prestigious journals and conferences , awards , and invited internships at world-renowned institutes like CERN.
- Masters degree in Computer Science with strong algorithmic knowledge (Knowledge of genomic data analysis is a plus)
- Excellent programming skills in C++ (Parallel programming with GPU/FPGA is a plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
The position is available immediately, and the application evaluation will also start immediately, so early applications are encouraged. Interested individuals should submit the following documents (in English):
- Curriculum Vitae, including your current contact address, transcript of certificates and grades (with a list of university courses taken), and previous publications (if any)
- Motivation letter including research and education perspectives
- Contact information for 2 referees at your current and/or previous affiliations
Start date: ASAP
Duration: duration of the thesis