We are looking for a talented Post-doctoral researcher/research engineer to help us advance state of the art in data-intensive systems design. The candidate will be embedded in the Data Science department at EURECOM, and will be supervised by Dr. Raja Appuswamy.
Dr. Appuswamy’s group focuses on high-performance algorithms, methods, and system development for data-intensive application domains like computational biology, molecular information storage, hybrid transactional and analytical processing. Dr. Appuswamy is a PI in several prestigious European and French research projects on topics like DNA storage, cloud/edge computing, and computational methods for precision oncology.
The candidate will support teaching efforts, participate in project management, and guide Ph.D students in various interdisciplinary research activities. The recent work of our group has led to publication in prestigious journals and conferences , awards , invited internships at world-renowned institutes like CERN, and products offerings in startups.
- Ph.D in Computer Science (Prior experience in genomic data analysis is a plus)
- Excellent programming skills and proficiency in parallel programming (Knowledge of GPU/FPGA programming is a plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
The position is available immediately, and the application evaluation will also start immediately, so early applications are encouraged. Interested individuals should submit the following documents (in English):
- Curriculum Vitae, including your current contact address, transcript of certificates and grades (with a list of university courses taken), and previous publications
- A research statement indicating what you see are interesting research issues relating to the above post and why your expertise is relevant
- Contact information for 2 referees at your current and/or previous affiliations
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: DS_RA_ING_Oligoarchive _062022
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Initial Fixed Term 12-month Contract, with possibility of renewal (up to 18 months)