In the context of several running and upcoming 5G European H2020 projects (5G-EVE, EMPOWER, 5GENESIS), EURECOM is engaged deploying an experimental 5G radio network on the SophiaTech campus using two frequency allocations for indoor and outdoor 4G/5G radio equipment granted by the French regulatory body (ARCEP).
This deployment aims to showcase OpenAirInterface (OAI) 5G software tools both for the radio-access and core networking components. This will be a living lab used remotely by the partners of the various projects as well as the general OAI community and hopefully SMEs developing vertical applications for future 5G networks. In this context, we are actively looking for a site manager that will oversee the day-to-day functioning of the site as well as interact with international partners on the use of open-source tools for 5G radio-communication networks. The work will include network management and planning, software deployment and testing on the EURECOM data center as well as interaction with partners in France and worldwide on interconnection of the EURECOM test site with other sites. Other sites include, for example, European 5GPPP sites and US PAWR sites. Training activities may also be a role of the chosen candidate.
- Education Level / Degree: Masters Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. A PhD is also very highly considered, although not absolutely mandatory for the position.
- Field / specialty: Telecommunications
- Technologies: High-Speed Networking, Modern Software Engineering tools, Data Center Technologies, Basic radio-network knowledge and familiarity with 3GPP-based systems.
- Languages / systems: C/C++, Linux networking, community-based open-source software tools (e.g. git, Jenkins)
- Other skills / specialties: Project Management, 4G/5G radio-access and/or core network protocols (both is a definite plus).
- Other important elements: Fluency in written and spoken English
The application must include (I, II and III):
- I-Curriculum Vitae
- II-Motivation letter of two pages also presenting the perspectives of research and education
- III-Names and addresses of three references
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference : : CS_RK_ING_5GEXP_012020