This course presents the three main mobile platforms and their ecosystems, namely Android, iOS, and PhoneGap/WebOS. It explores emerging technologies and tools used to design and implement feature-rich mobile applications for smartphones and tablets taking into account both the technical constraints relative to storage capacity, processing capacity, display screen, communication interfaces, and the user interface, context and profile.
Teaching and Learning Methods : Lectures, Lab sessions (group of 2 students), and a challenge project ( group of up 2 4 students).
Course Policies : Attendance to Lab session is mandatory.
Basic knowledge in object-oriented programming and web technologies (html/css/js)
- basicsof iOS, Android, and PhoneGap mobile platform ecosystem and their frameworks will be presented and complemented with their respective mini lab sessions.
- fundamentalsof mobile application design and development for each platform will be provided and complemented with a guided lab sessions and interactive discussions.
- User interface designguidelines, best practices, and sketchingwill be described.
- Platform trendsin terms of technical progress, usability, market and strategies will be explained.
- Brain storming about your project
- User, Market, and target platform analysis
- Technologies required to develop and deploy your application
- Design and development of the in the target platform
- Testing and validation
- identify the target platform and users and be able to define and sketch a mobile application
- understand the fundamentals, frameworks, and development lifecycle of mobile application platforms including iOS, Android, and PhoneGap
- Design and develop a mobile application prototype in one of the platform (challenge project)
Nb hours:42.00, at least 7 Lab sessions (21 hours)
Grading Policy: Labs delivery (30%), Final Exam (30%), challenge project ( 40%)