The goal of this course is to equip students with security and privacy technologies for the Big Data and the cloud computing paradigm. Students will discover the latest advances in privacy and security technologies and will understand their limitations as well.
Teaching and Learning Methods : Lectures (sometimes invited) and homeworks
Course Policies : homeworks and final project are mandatory
- Cryptography for Security and Privacy in Cloud Computing, S. Rass, D. Slamanig, Artech house
- Securing the Cloud, Cloud Computer Security Techniques and tactics.
- Slides and scientific papers.
Students should have followed SecCom or equivalent prior to taking this course. Basic knowledge of cryptography is mandatory.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Key privacy and security requirements & risks
- Advanced cryptographic tools for data security and privacy
- Database anonymity and privacy
- Legal aspects
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to: - identify key security and privacy risks, - understand what the GDPR means, demonstrate knowledge of the main technologies available for data security and privacy.
Nb hours : 21
Grading Policy : Homework (15%), Final project (25%), Exam (60%)