This course covers the application-level protocols dedicated to IOT. Knowing the limited capacity, in terms of battery and CPU, of the things, the classical application protocols used in the Internet like HTTP are not adequate. This course presents the recent application protocols specially developed for IOT. These protocols are organized into two categories: (i) Client/server (like COAP) and (ii) Publish/Subscribe (like MQTT, XMPP). In addition to these protocols, this course introduces two types of architecture, specifically dedicated to host IOT services, like 3GPP MTC and oneM2M.
Teaching and Learning Methods: The course is organised in lectures and labs.
Course Policies: Labs are Mandatory (attendance + reports)
- “Learning Internet of Things”, Packet Publishing, 2015.
- WebSocket. http://www.websocket.org/aboutwebsocket.html
- “Tsp interface protocol between the MTC Interworking Function (MTC-IWF) and Service Capability Server (SCS)”, 3GPP Technical specification (TS), Release 12.
This course requires knowledge on: networking and computer programming.
- Introduction: Application Protocols in the Internet (HTTP), constraints introduced by the things.
- Protocols Client/server: principles, examples of application-level protocols IOT - COAP and WebSocket
- Protocols Publish/Subscribe: principles, examples of application-level protocols - MQTT, XMPP and AMQP
- Architecture 3GPP for IOT: principles, IWF, SCEF and SCS
- Service-oriented IOT architecture: principles, M2M architecture, oneM2M
- Be able to develop an application using an IOT application protocols
- Be able to deploy an IOT architecture in the context of 3GPP and oneM2M
Nb hours: 21 h
Grading Policy :50% Examen écrit, 50% TP. Le module est acquis si la note moyenne >= 10 et la note examen écrit >= 8.