I am Assistant Professor at the Mobile Communication Group at EURECOM, France, and conducting research in wireless vehicular networks. Previously, I led the Traffic Telematics Junior Research Group at the Institute of Telematics of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT),Germany.
My research interests are related to the optimization of the vehicular wireless channel usage, to the investigation of cooperative ITS strategies and to the characterization of the mutual relationship between vehicular mobility and heterogeneous vehicular communication.
I hold a M.Sc. degree and a Dr. ès sc. degree in telecommunication from the Swiss Institute of Technology (EPFL), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Fatma Hrizi, Cooperative Protocols for Wireless Vehicular Communication, started September 2008
- Bernhard Kloiber, Spatio-Temporal Relevance for Information Dissemination in VANETs started September 2011
- Dr. Pasquale Cataldi, iTETRIS Project
- Dr. Davide Brizzolara, PROTON-PLATA Project
I am currently Co-chair of the track "Transportation, Vehicular Electronics and Telematics" of the 77th IEEE VTC-spring'13, have been Co-chair of the 9th IEEE WONS'12 and of the special session on traffic telematics at IEEE PIMRC'09. I also served as Demo Chair and TPC Co-chair of the IEEE Conference on Wireless Vehicular Communications (WiVeC) 2008 and 2010 respectively. I am the author of the chapter on "Vehicular Mobility Modeling for VANET" in the book "VANET: Vehicular Applications and Inter-Networking Technologies", (Eds. H. Hartenstein and K. Laberteaux) published by Wiley in 2010.
I have been involved in the EU FP7 project iTETRIS, where I contributed to the architecture and the development of ITS applications and ITS infrastructure deployment strategies. I am now involved in the French Field Operational Test (FOT) project SCORE@F and the smart grid project VELCRI with simulation-related evaluations of cooperative ITS applications based on the iTETRIS Platform.
I am also contributing to standardization activities of the ETSI TC ITS and of the CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium in Specialist Task Forces (STF) related to the multi-channel operations at 5GHz, and on media-dependent functionalities for Geo-networking. I am Co-chair of the CAR 2 CAR WG Communications.
- Fatma Hrizi, Jérôme, Christian Bonnet, Can Mobility Predictions be Compatible with Cooperative Active Safety for VANET?, Prof of the 9th ACM VANET 2012, Poster Session, Low Wood Bay, UK, June 25, 2012.
- Miguel Sepulcre, Javier Gonzalvez, Jérôme Härri, Hannes Hartenstein, Contextual Communications Congestion Control for Cooperative Vehicular Networks, IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, Vol 10, No. 2, pp. 385-389, 2011.
- Jérôme Härri, Vehicular Mobility Modeling for VANET, VANET Vehicular Applications and Inter-Networking Technologies, Hannes Hartenstein (Editor), Kenneth Laberteaux (Editor), ISBN: 978-0-470-74056-9, Chapter 5, pp. 107-156, January 2010.
- Miguel Sepulcre, Javier Gonzalvez, Jérôme Härri, Hannes Hartenstein, Application-based Congestion Control Policy for Communication Channel in VANETs, IEEE Communication Letters, Vol .14, No. 10, pp. 951-953, 2010.
- Jérôme Härri, Fethi Filali, and Christian Bonnet, Mobility Models for Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks: A Survey and Taxonomy, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 11, No. 4, Fourth Quarter 2009.
- Jens Mittag, Florian Thomas, Jérôme Härri, Hannes Hartenstein, A Comparison of Single- and Multi-hop Beaconing in VANETs, Prof. of the 6th ACM VANET, Beijing, China, September 2009.
- Marco Fiore, Jérôme Härri, The Networking Shape of Vehicular Mobility, Proc. of the 9th ACM MobiHoc'08, Hong Kong, SAR China, May 2008.
- Jérôme Härri and Christian Bonnet, A Lower Bound for Vehicles' Trajectory Duration, 62nd IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall 2005), Dallas, USA, September 2005. Best Technical Paper Award!