I am Assistant Professor at the Mobile Communication Group at EURECOM, France, and conducting research in wireless vehicular networks. Previously, I led the Traffic Telematics Junior Research Group at the Institute of Telematics of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT),Germany.
My research interests are related to the optimization of the vehicular wireless channel usage, to the investigation of cooperative ITS strategies and to the characterization of the mutual relationship between vehicular mobility and heterogeneous vehicular communication.
I hold a M.Sc. degree and a Dr. ès sc. degree in telecommunication from the Swiss Institute of Technology (EPFL), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Laurent Gallo, 5G Distributed Resource Allocation for Direct V2X Broadcast in VANETs , started June 2013
- Minh Gia Hoang, Robust and Secured Cooperative Localisation Mechanisms for Road Transport Automation , started December 2014, in cooperation with Dr. Benoit Denis (CEA)
- Ahsan Mahmood, Fog Computing Mechanisms for Content Distributions in Connected Cars , started January 2015, in cooperation with Prof. Carla Fabiana Chiasserini (Polito)
- Sosina Gashaw, Understanding and Modeling Mobility Characteristics of Scooters and Motorcycles for Cooperative ITS Applications, started March 2015, in cooperation with Dr. Paola Goatin (INRIA)
- Raj Haresh Patel, Three-Dimensional Localization Challenges in Urban Roads , started October 2015, in cooperation with Prof. Bonnet (EURECOM)
- Irfan Mohammad Khan, Vehicular Communication for High Precision Cooperative Localisation , started January 2016
- Dr. Panagiotis Matzakos, LTE-V2X Implementation on OpenAirInterface , in cooperation with Prof. Bonnet
- Dr. Tien Thinh Nguyen, Multi-Granularity Simulation with iTETRIS , in cooperation with Prof. Bonnet
- Dr. Rui Ferreira Da Costa
- Dr. Pasquale Cataldi (now R&D Engineer at Nominet, UK)
- Dr. Davide Brizzolara (now Connected & Automated Mobility Support Manager at ERTICO, the Netherlands)
- Dr. Fatma Hrizi (now PostDoc at Telecom SudParis, France), Control Mechanisms for ITS Cooperative Safety Applications, graduated in December 2012, in cooperation with Prof. Bonnet (EURECOM)
- Dr. Bernhard Kloiber (now R&D Engineer at Siemens, Munich Germany), Broadcast Collision Mitigation in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks graduated in December 2014
- Msc. Panagiotis Matzakos (now Postdoctoral Fellow at EURECOM, Sophia-Antipolis, France), Architecture Extensions for Heterogeneous Vehicular Communication , graduated in September 2013
- Msc. Laura de Martini (now R&D Engineer at Magneti Marelli, Turin, Italy), Design & Evaluation of Multi-Channel Mechanisms for Efficient ITS Spectrum Usage @ 5.9 GHz , graduated in October 2013
- Msc. Saleh Bensator (now R&D Engineer at Bertrandt/PSA, Paris, France), Dynamics of Network Connectivity in Large-scale Urban Vehicular Networks under the Microscope , graduated in September 2015
- Msc. Sosina Gashaw (now Doctoral Student at EURECOM, Sophia-Antipolis, France), Distributed Traffic Density Estimation Algorithms for Vehicular Urban Networks , graduated in September 2015
- Msc. Osama Al-Gazali (now R&D Engineer at AlbrechtConsult, Aarchen, Germany), Cross Layer Distributed Congestion Control for Wireless Vehicular Communications , graduated in September 2015
- Msc. Ashkan Gholamhosseinian, Deployment and Evaluation of an Experimental Communication Platform for Cooperative ITS , graduated in September 2015
I reguarly involved in various workshop and conference organizations (co-chair: 1st IEEE ICC workshop on Dependable Vehicular Communication (DVC) in 2015, 1st and 2nd Workshop on Emulation Tools, Methodology and Techniques (EMUTools) in 2013-2014, track "Transportation, Vehicular Electronics and Telematics" of the 77th IEEE VTC-spring'13, special session on traffic telematics at IEEE PIMRC'09, IEEE Conference on Wireless Vehicular Communications (WiVeC) 2010. I also served as Demo Chair of WiVeC 2008. Communications (WiVeC) 2008 and 2010 respectively. I am the author of the chapter on "Vehicular Mobility Modeling for VANET" in the book "VANET: Vehicular Applications and Inter-Networking Technologies", (Eds. H. Hartenstein and K. Laberteaux) published by Wiley in 2010.
I have been involved in the EU FP7 project iTETRIS, where I contributed to the architecture and the development of ITS applications and ITS infrastructure deployment strategies. I am now involved in the French Field Operational Test (FOT) project SCORE@F and the smart grid project VELCRI with simulation-related evaluations of cooperative ITS applications based on the iTETRIS Platform.
I am also contributing to standardization activities of the ETSI TC ITS and of the CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium in Specialist Task Forces (STF) related to the multi-channel operations at 5GHz, and on media-dependent functionalities for Geo-networking. I am Co-chair of the CAR 2 CAR WG Communications.
- Fatma Hrizi, Jérôme, Christian Bonnet, Can Mobility Predictions be Compatible with Cooperative Active Safety for VANET?, Prof of the 9th ACM VANET 2012, Poster Session, Low Wood Bay, UK, June 25, 2012.
- Miguel Sepulcre, Javier Gonzalvez, Jérôme Härri, Hannes Hartenstein, Contextual Communications Congestion Control for Cooperative Vehicular Networks, IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, Vol 10, No. 2, pp. 385-389, 2011.
- Jérôme Härri, Vehicular Mobility Modeling for VANET, VANET Vehicular Applications and Inter-Networking Technologies, Hannes Hartenstein (Editor), Kenneth Laberteaux (Editor), ISBN: 978-0-470-74056-9, Chapter 5, pp. 107-156, January 2010.
- Miguel Sepulcre, Javier Gonzalvez, Jérôme Härri, Hannes Hartenstein, Application-based Congestion Control Policy for Communication Channel in VANETs, IEEE Communication Letters, Vol .14, No. 10, pp. 951-953, 2010.
- Jérôme Härri, Fethi Filali, and Christian Bonnet, Mobility Models for Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks: A Survey and Taxonomy, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 11, No. 4, Fourth Quarter 2009.
- Jens Mittag, Florian Thomas, Jérôme Härri, Hannes Hartenstein, A Comparison of Single- and Multi-hop Beaconing in VANETs, Prof. of the 6th ACM VANET, Beijing, China, September 2009.
- Marco Fiore, Jérôme Härri, The Networking Shape of Vehicular Mobility, Proc. of the 9th ACM MobiHoc'08, Hong Kong, SAR China, May 2008.
- Jérôme Härri and Christian Bonnet, A Lower Bound for Vehicles' Trajectory Duration, 62nd IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall 2005), Dallas, USA, September 2005. Best Technical Paper Award!