Post Master's degree in Security in Computer Systems and Communications
The goal of this degree is to train cuting edge professionals or researchers in the field of computer and communications security.
With the fast development of computer and communication systems in our private and professional life, today have come fraud and malevolence in various forms. Attacks are routinely ranging from simple computer nuisances to cybercrime and threats to critical infrastructure. In the past decades technical means to counter these attacks have experienced a tremendous growth and the birth of entirely new fields :
- the large scale use of cryptography by the general public,
- software, operating system and network security,
- secure Internet transactions,
- security of mobile and wireless communications,
- rights management and protection of multimedia content.
This course offers the necessary technical knowledge for engineers responsible for designing secure systems and system administrators responsible for ensuring computer and network security within a company or a public authority.
The emphasis is on:
- Understanding and analysis of attacks on networks, systems and security hardware.
- Design and management of security mechanisms for fixed and mobile networks, computer systems and security applications of image processing.
The security topics studied include:
- cryptography and its applications
- malware detection and analysis
- specific mechanisms for the protection of communications, networks and distributed computer applications
- image protection and biometric techniques
ORGANISATION OF THE PROGRAM
- Requirement: a Master's degree or a degree equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Duration: 15 months, three semesters: two academic semesters from October to June and one professional paid internship in a company from July to December)
- Methodology: lectures, seminars, exercices of practical application (part of the curriculum is made of a personally supervised project), teamworks...
- Academic Regulations: please find the link to access to the academic regulations.
- Language: the curriculum is entirely taught in English. French classes will be delivered throughout the academic year to help students adapt to their French environment.
The full course guide can also be download by clicking on the following link.
TARGET AUDIENCE and ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
This program targets:
Students who already hold a Master's degree (or equivalent) and engineers willing to specialize in the design, implementation and management of technical means for the security of computer systems and communications.
researchers with experience in computer networking or telecommunications interested in gaining a new interdisciplinary perspective on research in systems security for computing and communications.
A French Engineering Diploma (recognized by the CTI) or a foreign MASTER's DEGREE (5 years study min) in a relevant discipline which includes, but is not limited to, computer science, information systems and electrical engineering, is required.
COURSE CONTENT AND FACULTY's MEMBERS
Click on each course title to access to the course description and professor's biography.
FALL SEMESTER (October-January)
|T||ImCompress||5.00||Image and video Compression and Processing|
|T||MobSys||5.00||Mobile communication systems|
|T||Netw_I||5.00||Introduction to computer networking and internet|
|T||Stat||3.00||Statistical data analysis|
|T||SysSec||5.00||System and Network Security|
SPRING SEMESTER (February-June)
|T||Forensics||5.00||Cyber-crime and Computer Forensics|
|T||HWSec||3.00||Security of Security hardware|
|T||ImSecu||3.00||Imaging for security applications watermarking & biometrics|
|T||Netw_II||5.00||Internetworking architectures and protocols|
|T||SecAppli||3.00||Security applications in networking and distributed systems|
International Relations and Admission Manager
admission [at] eurecom [dot] fr (subject: Post%20Master%20degree%20in%20Security%20in%20Computer%20Systems%20and%20Communications) (Send an email)
EURECOM is a great learning environment. It’s a point of convergence for students and teachers coming from all over the world, and the mixture of cultures, approaches and ways of life is an extremely stimulating experience. This allows you to work with some of the brightest minds in the computer security research.
It’s a great opportunity to grow as a person, an opportunity that is hardly matched by any other institute in Europe!
Corrado leita, Symantec
Principal engineer at Symantec
Master from EURECOM/Politecnico di Torino in 2006