Post Master's degree in Security in Computer Systems and Communications
The goal of this degree is to train cuting edge professionals or researchers in the field of computer and communications security.
With the fast development of computer and communication systems in our private and professional life, today have come fraud and malevolence in various forms. Attacks are routinely ranging from simple computer nuisances to cybercrime and threats to critical infrastructure. In the past decades technical means to counter these attacks have experienced a tremendous growth and the birth of entirely new fields :
- the large scale use of cryptography by the general public,
- software, operating system and network security,
- secure Internet transactions,
- security of mobile and wireless communications,
- rights management and protection of multimedia content.
This course offers the necessary technical knowledge for engineers responsible for designing secure systems and system administrators responsible for ensuring computer and network security within a company or a public authority.
The emphasis is on:
- Understanding and analysis of attacks on networks, systems and security hardware.
- Design and management of security mechanisms for fixed and mobile networks, computer systems and security applications of image processing.
The security topics studied include:
- cryptography and its applications
- malware detection and analysis
- specific mechanisms for the protection of communications, networks and distributed computer applications
- image protection and biometric techniques
ORGANISATION OF THE PROGRAM
The programmes take 15 months and comprise 2 semesters of courses and a 6-month internship to be carried out in industry or exceptionally a research laboratory if the student has prior significant industry experience. The program is taught entirely in English. French classes will be included free of charge in the program. The degree consists of 90 ECTS.
The full course guide can also be download by clicking on the following link.
|semester 1||semester 2||semester 3|
TARGET AUDIENCE and ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
This program targets:
Students who already hold a Master's degree (or equivalent) and engineers willing to specialize in the design, implementation and management of technical means for the security of computer systems and communications.
researchers with experience in computer networking or telecommunications interested in gaining a new interdisciplinary perspective on research in systems security for computing and communications.
A French Engineering Diploma (recognized by the CTI) or a foreign MASTER's DEGREE (5 years study min) in a relevant discipline which includes, but is not limited to, computer science, information systems and electrical engineering, is required.
The potential employers thus includes companies specialized in the security fields such as
- Network and Software Security Manufacturers (Firewall, IDS, Antivirus, … )
- Network and Software Security Service Providers (Security consulting, ethical hacking services
Also companies in the broader field of ICT as follows
- Hardware and software manufacturers
- Professional Services (consulting, project management)
- Communication equipment manufacturers
- Network operators
- Application providers.
- Security architect
- Security officer
- Network manager
- Security consultant
- Software Engineer with strong security expertise
- System Engineer with strong security expertise
- Telecommunications Engineer with strong security expertise
- Applicants who need a visa: June 9, 2014
- Applicants from France/ the UE: August 1, 2014
The sonner students apply, the easier it will be to help them prepare their stay in France (regarding visa issues, finding accomodation)...
APPLICATION PROCESS (we invite you to read the Application Guidelines)
1. Fill the online form.
Applicants have to fill the first part regarding personal information and then log in again to download necessary documents)
2. Send by post the required documents to the following address:
Post Master Admissions
450 Route des Chappes
06410 BIOT SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS FRANCE
3. Phone Interview
EURECOM's admission comittee will meet monthly from January 2014 to assess applications. Selected students will then be invited for a short phone interview to specify their motivation and academic background.
4. Admission confirmation
Final decisions will be confirmed by email montly after each phone interview. (first decisions will be in February 2014). Students then have to confirm their admission by paying a 1000€ deposit which will be deducted from the overall tuition fees.
5. A final registration letter is sent by post to the applicant upon reception of the deposit.
TUITION FEES and FINANCIAL MATTERS
Fees for the whole duration of the program (15 months) are:
6 000€ for EU/Erasmus zone students (EU countries + Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey)
12 000€ for non EU students
- Graduates from EURECOM's partner universities can benefit from a reduction of the tuition fees. List of EURECOM's partner universities
A deposit of 1000€ is to be paid before arrival to confirm final enrollment. The deposit will be deducted from the overall tuition fees.
The program includes a 6-month paid internship in a company based in France or abroad. Students receive a monthly financial allowance enabling them to cover a substantial part of their cost.
For more information about possible source of financial support, please refer to the main page of the POST MASTER's degree.
COURSE CONTENT AND FACULTY's MEMBERS
Click on each course title to access to the course description and professor's biography.
FALL SEMESTER (October-January)
SPRING SEMESTER (February-June)
|T||Forensics||5.00||Cyber-crime and Computer Forensics|
|T||HWSec||3.00||Security of Security hardware|
|T||ImSecu||3.00||Imaging for security applications watermarking & biometrics|
|T||Netw_II||3.00||Internetworking architectures and protocols|
|T||SecAppli||3.00||Security applications in networking and distributed systems|
INFORMATION and APPLICATION
hanras [at] eurecom [dot] fr (subject: International%20Master) (Caroline HANRAS)
International Relations Manager
EURECOM is a great learning environment. It’s a point of convergence for students and teachers coming from all over the world, and the mixture of cultures, approaches and ways of life is an extremely stimulating experience. This allows you to work with some of the brightest minds in the computer security research.
It’s a great opportunity to grow as a person, an opportunity that is hardly matched by any other institute in Europe!
Corrado leita, Symantec
Principal engineer at Symantec
Master from EURECOM/Politecnico di Torino in 2006