Post Master's degree in Communications for Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
The degree offers the necessary knowledge required by engineers and managers to design ITS applications and the related ICT mechanisms to understand the innovations and unique opportunities of ITS applications.
Intelligent Transport Systems solutions aim at adding information and communication technologies to transportation infrastructures and vehicles in order to allow public agencies and transportation companies to improve
- traffic safety by reducing accidents.
- traffic efficiency by regulating and better distributing the traffic load, or smoothing tolling station congestions.
- the carbon footprint towards green driving and logistics, or deploying fully electric vehicles.
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) promise to be one of the most dynamic and innovative specialization fields with a large expected industrial and business growth over the next decade. Understanding current and future ITS challenges and acquiring the technical and non technical means to provide practical solutions require a unique combination of expertise and experience at the boundaries of computer, telecommunication and transportation sciences.
The emphasis of the program is on
- Providing a balanced theoretical and practical expertise required by leading industries in the ITS domain.
- Analysis and quantifications of the benefits of ITS on the environments and the society.
- Understanding the challenges and required mechanisms to efficiently interconnect vehicles and transportation infrastructures.
- Gaining a deep understanding on major application domains of ITS, such as traffic safety, traffic efficiency, or infotainment and comfort.
- Formulation and modeling of problems typically observed in ITS applications,
- investigation of the impact and benefits of vehicular communications in the different application areas of ITS.
ORGANISATION OF THE PROGRAM
- Requirement: a Master's degree or a degree equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Duration: 15 months, three semesters: two academic semesters from October to June and one professional paid internship in a company from July to December)
- Methodology: lectures, seminars, exercices of practical application (part of the curriculum is made of a personally supervised project), teamworks...
- Academic Regulations: please find the link to access to the academic regulations.
- Language: the curriculum is entirely taught in English. French classes will be delivered throughout the academic year to help students adapt to their French environment.
The full course guide can also be downloaded by clicking on the following link.
TARGET AUDIENCE AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
This program targets:
Students who already hold a Master's degree (or equivalent) and engineers that are willing to specialize in the rapidly growing vehicular networking and ITS community,
researchers with experience on vehicular communication, protocols and algorithms, who are interested in acquiring a new interdisciplinary perspective on the vehicular networking research for ITS.
By providing skills on top of a solid competency in widely demanded fields like computer, telecommunication and transportation sciences; and developing a strong international focus, EURECOM’s degree broadens the employment sector both in France and abroad.
- Intelligent Transportation System Engineer / Project Manager
- Lead Project System Engineer
- Network engineers,
- System administrators,
- Software developers ,
- Instructional designers,
- Research associates,
- Customer service representatives
- Applicants who need a visa: June 9, 2014
- Applicants from France/ the UE: August 1, 2014
How to apply?
Please click on the following link to access to the application procedures.
TUITION FEES and FINANCIAL MATTERS
For more information about the tuition fees and other financial matters, please refer to the following link.
COURSE CONTENT AND FACULTY MEMBERS
Click on each course title to access to the description and professor's biography.
FALL SEMESTER (October-January)
SPRING SEMESTER (February-June)
|T||MobAdv||3.00||Mobile Advanced Networks|
|T||MobWat||3.00||Wireless Access Technologies|
|T||TraffEEc||3.00||Emission and Traffic Efficiency|
International Relations and Admission Manager
hanras [at] eurecom [dot] fr (Send an email)
Site of the Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy: Intelligent Transport Systems
The automotive industry has never had so many challenges in the field of telecommunications than today : vehicle embedded networks, telematics for onboard entertainement, telediagnostic, car2car communications, etc. Studying at EURECOM gave me a solid technical background to contribute to practical solutions.
Stephane Turlier, Vehicle embedded communication engineer at RENAULT