International Master in Mobile Communications
- The MSc MobCom aims at providing the theoretical background and the applied know-how for engineers in Mobile Communication Systems.
- The goal is to tackle the problems from a system viewpoint, taking a vertical cut and following a cross-layer design approach. This corresponds to both the most recent trend in research and to the most desired professional profile for engineers in this field. In fact, it is now well-recognized that problems related to physical layer transmission techniques (RF design, signal processing algorithms, channel coding and modulation), and upper layer protocols (link layer control, multiple-access, routing), that were traditionally treated in a separate fashion in wired networks, must be treated jointly in mobile communication networks.
- Sophia-Antipolis is considered as a major European region for telecommunications research and development in southern France. EURECOM, which is a consortium of academic and industrial partners, has established over the years a synergy with the local industrial environment on advanced research topics.
- During their Master of Science, students will benefit form the expertise of renowned industrial partners (Alcatel, Bouygues, SFR, France Télécom R&D, Philips, Thales, ST Microelectronics, Hitachi, Texas Instruments, IBM, BMW, SAP, Sharp, ESA) as well as the use of cutting edge technological platforms within EURECOM's Wireless Communication laboratory.
Language of instruction : English
Application deadline: June 9, 2014 (documents must reach us by this date)
The sonner students apply, the easier it will be to help them prepare their stay in France and most scholarship deadlines are before the end of March.
APPLICATION PROCESS (we invite you to read the Application Guidelines)
1. Fill the online form.
Applicants have to fill the first part regarding personal information and then log in again to download necessary documents)
2. Send by post the required documents to the following address:
International Master's degree Admissions
450 Route des Chappes
06410 BIOT SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS FRANCE
3. Selection and admission
The Admission Board will meet monthly from February to June 2014.
We organise 4 sessions for Master ICT applications. Please send all the required application documents by the receipt deadlines specified below.
Candidates will be informed of the Admission Board decision within the month following each application deadline. All applications will be examined by fixed dates. Early applications will have a better chance of being accepted.
Admission board decision
Session 1 : 17 Feb 2014
17 March 2014
4. Admission confirmation
Selected students then have to confirm their admission by paying a 1000€ deposit within one month of the notification of acceptance. The deposit will be deducted from the overall tuition fees.
5. A final registration letter is sent by post to the applicant upon reception of the deposit.
By providing security skills on top of a solid competency in widely demanded fields like mobile networking, web engineering and image processing this master broadens the employment sector from security specialists to a range of companies in the ICT field that need and highly value the additional security expertise. Potential employers thus include companies specialized in security fields such as:
- Network and Software Security Manufacturers (Firewall, IDS, Antivirus… )
- Network and Software Security Service Providers (Consulting, ethical hacking services)
- Hardware and software manufacturers, communication equipment manufacturers
- Professional Services (consulting, project management)
- Network operators
- Application providers
- Network consulting
- Network architecture, Network management
- Security consultancy
MAIN ASSETS OF THE PROGRAM:
- Renowned degree:
The International Master"s degree is State-recognized degree, accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Reseach and acreditated by PARISTECH (Paris Institute of Technology). PARISTECH is a consortium of the most renowned French engineering schools (and a Business school, HEC). This consortium has gained international recognition by signing academic partnerships with the best universities in many countries.
- Unparalleled location:
EURECOM is located at the heart of the science park SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS, considered a major European region for telecommunications research and development. SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS bring toghether many prominent international companies and institutions; AMADEUS, IMB, HP, CISCO, ETSI, THALES, ALCATEL, FORTINET, GEMALTO, SYMANTEC..) and thus provides many employment opportunities for our graduates (more info).
EURECOM also enjoys a wonderful location on the French Rivieria (between Nice and Cannes), 300 days of sun per year, 30min from the beaches and 1h00 from the mountains, it provides many opportunities for sport lovers and a pleasant climate.
Powerful professional network :
Thanks its unique Consortium format (or "Groupement d'intérêt économique"), EURECOM was able to sign several long-term agreements with world-renowned universities and companies (Telecom Paristech, TU Munich, BMW, SYMANTEC...) which are heavily involved in its research and teaching. EURECOM has also established a synergy with the local industrial environment in SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS on advanced research topics. Our alumni have an impressive track record of success in the global careers market and constitutes a network of precious contacts.
Students are supervised by an international faculty of renowned researchers (Professors from 13 nationalities, IEEE fellows, 276 publications/year, average H-Number of 18 up to 26...). Their courses benefit from the latest advances in research (half of EURECOM's budget is drawn from industrial and European research contracts).
During their master' studies, students will have access to cutting edge technological platforms within EURECOM's Wireless Communication Laboratory (OPENAIRINTERFACE).
- International environment
EURECOM offers a unique international environnement with more than 60% of foreign students (from 25 nationalities); 70% of foreign professors and a curriculum totally taught in Enlighs. It helps student develop a truly international profile and intercultural skills to increase their competitivity. Students are strongly encouraged to work on projects in multicultural groups to learn how to look at and solve problems in a different way.
Cutting-edge professional experience:
The program includes a paid 6-month internship in a company, under supervision of a professor. The internship provides students the unique opportunity to gain cutting edge professional experience and enhance their competitiveness on the labour market upon graduation. EURECOM has an impressive record of national and international internship opportunities in leading companies.
Personal Assistance and professors' availibility
Students benefit from personnal assistance in all administrative issues at all stages of their studies thanks to a very dedicated and always available staff.
EURECOM's human size scale allows for a greater availibility of our professors who can easily be contacted by the students to advise them during their studies. We have a very good professor/student ratio (average of 9 students per professor)
Fall semester (October-January)
|T||ATWireless||5.00||Advanced topics in wireless communications|
|T||MobCom||5.00||Mobile communication techniques|
|T||MobServ||5.00||Mobile application and services|
|T||MobSys||5.00||Mobile communication systems|
|T||SSP||5.00||Statistical signal processing|
Spring semester (February-June)
hanras [at] eurecom [dot] fr (subject: International%20Master) (Caroline HANRAS)
International Relations Manager
Hi , I am a student of MS MOBCOMM from India. My experience here has been fantastic. EURECOM opened a new dimension of life to me. The level of education i had in this past 9 months has been really tough yet enjoyable. I feel myself really lucky to have been a student of this prestigous institute. Studying in a multicutural environment here is really an added experience. I just only wish if this study schedule of 9 months could have been make 12 months then i think MS students can get a bt more time to cope with the subjects. After spending this 9 months at this top level european institute I really dont regret for not going to US for my MS studies. I would really wanna come back here again after some years of industry experience for my Phd.
Thanks & Regards ,