International Master in Mobile Communications
- The MSc MobCom aims at providing the theoretical background and the applied know-how for engineers in Mobile Communication Systems.
- The goal is to tackle the problems from a system viewpoint, taking a vertical cut and following a cross-layer design approach. This corresponds to both the most recent trend in research and to the most desired professional profile for engineers in this field. In fact, it is now well-recognized that problems related to physical layer transmission techniques (RF design, signal processing algorithms, channel coding and modulation), and upper layer protocols (link layer control, multiple-access, routing), that were traditionally treated in a separate fashion in wired networks, must be treated jointly in mobile communication networks.
- Sophia-Antipolis is considered as a major European region for telecommunications research and development in southern France. EURECOM, which is a consortium of academic and industrial partners, has established over the years a synergy with the local industrial environment on advanced research topics.
- During their Master of Science, students will benefit form the expertise of renowned industrial partners (Alcatel, Bouygues, SFR, France Télécom R&D, Philips, Thales, ST Microelectronics, Hitachi, Texas Instruments, IBM, BMW, SAP, Sharp, ESA) as well as the use of cutting edge technological platforms within EURECOM's Wireless Communication laboratory.
Language of instruction : English
The Master's course is open to holders of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree issued by an internationally recognized university. A good background in mathematics, physics, signal processing and electronics is needed.
For English, we require a minimum score: TOEIC : 785 ; TOEFL ITP : 550 ; TOEFL IBT : 80 ; IELTS : 5,5
Prior French knowledge is not required, yet it is advised to consult the French consulate since a basic level in French may be necessary to obtain the student visa.
The Admission Board will meet monthly from February to June 2014. The last deadline to apply is June, 6th 2014.
The Master in Mobile Communications gives access to theTelecom Equipment industry, to the Telecom Operators industry and to the academic/theoretical research world. All national and international institutions in the field of communications systems provide career opportunities to graduated students
- Telecommunications industry,
- Consulting companies in InformationTechnologies,
- Software editors,
- Semi conductor industry
- other industries (car manufacturers, public institutions…)
- Research and development Communication Systems
- Network Consulting
- Network Architect
- Communications Software Development
- Communications Hardware Development
- Project Management
- Telecom Policy Making...
For more information about the tuition fees. and other financial matters, please refer to this link.
Fall semester (October-January)
|T||ATWireless||5.00||Advanced topics in wireless communications|
|T||MobCom||5.00||Mobile communication techniques|
|T||MobServ||5.00||Mobile application and services|
|T||MobSys||5.00||Mobile communication systems|
|T||SSP||5.00||Statistical signal processing|
Spring semester (February-June)
International Relations and Admission Manager
admission [at] eurecom [dot] fr (subject: International%20Master%20in%20Mobile%20Communications) (Send an email)
Hi , I am a student of MS MOBCOMM from India. My experience here has been fantastic. EURECOM opened a new dimension of life to me. The level of education i had in this past 9 months has been really tough yet enjoyable. I feel myself really lucky to have been a student of this prestigous institute. Studying in a multicutural environment here is really an added experience. I just only wish if this study schedule of 9 months could have been make 12 months then i think MS students can get a bt more time to cope with the subjects. After spending this 9 months at this top level european institute I really dont regret for not going to US for my MS studies. I would really wanna come back here again after some years of industry experience for my Phd.
Thanks & Regards ,