International Master in Mobile Communications
- The MSc MobCom aims at providing the theoretical background and the applied know-how for engineers in Mobile Communication Systems.
- The goal is to tackle the problems from a system viewpoint, taking a vertical cut and following a cross-layer design approach. This corresponds to both the most recent trend in research and to the most desired professional profile for engineers in this field. In fact, it is now well-recognized that problems related to physical layer transmission techniques (RF design, signal processing algorithms, channel coding and modulation), and upper layer protocols (link layer control, multiple-access, routing), that were traditionally treated in a separate fashion in wired networks, must be treated jointly in mobile communication networks.
- Sophia-Antipolis is considered as a major European region for telecommunications research and development in southern France. EURECOM, which is a consortium of academic and industrial partners, has established over the years a synergy with the local industrial environment on advanced research topics.
- During their Master of Science, students will benefit form the expertise of renowned industrial partners (Alcatel, Bouygues, SFR, France Télécom R&D, Philips, Thales, ST Microelectronics, Hitachi, Texas Instruments, IBM, BMW, SAP, Sharp, ESA) as well as the use of cutting edge technological platforms within EURECOM's Wireless Communication laboratory.
Language of instruction : English
To apply to this international Master's degree, please follow the instructions described on the following link from our partner school, TelecomParistech (online form and application package).
Professional openings :
By providing security skills on top of a solid competency in widely demanded fields like mobile networking, web engineering and image processing this master broadens the employment sector from security specialists to a range of companies in the ICT field that need and highly value the additional security expertise. Potential employers thus include companies specialized in security fields such as:
- Network and Software Security Manufacturers (Firewall, IDS, Antivirus… )
- Network and Software Security Service Providers (Consulting, ethical hacking services)
- Hardware and software manufacturers, communication equipment manufacturers
- Professional Services (consulting, project management)
- Network operators
- Application providers
- Network consulting
- Network architecture, Network management
- Security consultancy
- Expertise of renowned industrial partners and a unique location (Sophia-Antipolis is located between Nice and Cannes).
- Sophia Antipolis is considered a major European region for telecommunications research and development in southern France.
- Eurecom is a consortium of international academic and industrial partners and has established a synergy with the local industrial environment on advanced research topics.
- During their Master of Science, students will have access to cutting edge technological platforms within Eurecom’s Wireless Communications Laboratory.
- Students are supervised by an international faculty of renowned researchers (three recent IEEE fellows...)
- The Master of Science program includes a 6-month paid internship, EURECOM has an impressive record of international internship opportunities in leading companies.
Fall semester (October-January)
|T||ATWireless||5.00||Advanced topics in wireless communications|
|T||MobCom||5.00||Mobile communication techniques|
|T||MobServ||5.00||Mobile application and services|
|T||MobSys||5.00||Mobile communication systems|
|T||SSP||5.00||Statistical signal processing|
Spring semester (February-June)
Hi , I am a student of MS MOBCOMM from India. My experience here been fantastic. EURECOM opened a new dimension of life to me. The level of education i had in this past 9 months has been really tough yet enjoyable. I feel myself really lucky to have been a student of this prestigous institute. Studying in a multicutural environment here is really an added experience. I just only wish if this study schedule of 9 months could have been make 12 months then i think MS students can get a bt more time to cope with the subjects. After spending this 9 months at this top level european institute I really dont regret for not going to US for my MS studies. I would really wanna come back here again after some years of industry experience for my Phd.
Thanks & Regards ,