International Master in Multimedia Information Technologies
- Provide the theoretical background and the applied know-how for engineers in Multimedia Information Technologies
- Understand the basics of multimedia signal processing
- Acquire the master tools to manipulate Multimedia information across networks and inside distributed applications
- Acquire managerial knowledge to provide innovation in multimedia services (Project management, Organization, Innovation management...)
- Multimedia information has become pervasive in our environment, in both personal and professional domains. Mobile devices can easily record pictures and videos that are downloaded onto computers and shared across networks. The web provides a unified access to huge amounts of informations. Companies integrate multimedia information in the development of their own products or in service to their customers.
- Multimedia engineers understand the structure and characteristics of multimedia signals and knwo how to integrate them in new applications. The Msc in Multimedia Information Technologies adresses jointly all the aspects related to the creation; processing and usage of multimedia information in stand-alone or networkied applications.
Language of instruction: English
To apply to this International Master's degree, please follow the instructions described on the following link from our partner school, TelecomParistech (online form and application package).
Professional openings :
The Master of Science in Multimedia Information Technologies gives access to all industries of the Information Society, from content producers and distributors to service providers, as well as to the academic research world. All national and international institutions in the field of information processing provide career opportunities to the graduates:
- Content producers,
- Multimedia Service providers,
- Operators and Telecommunications industry,
- Consulting companies in Information Technologies,
- Regulation bodies,
- Software editors,
- Other industries (car manufacturers…)
- Multimedia systems architecture,
- Multimedia consultancy
- Software development.
- Expertise of renowned industrial partners and a unique location (Sophia-Antipolis is located between Nice and Cannes).
- Sophia Antipolis is considered a major European region for telecommunications research and development in southern France.
- Eurecom is a consortium of international academic and industrial partners and has established a synergy with the local industrial environment on advanced research topics.
- During their Master of Science, students will have access to cutting edge technological platforms within Eurecom’s Wireless Communications Laboratory.
- Students are supervised by an international faculty of renowned researchers (three recent IEEE fellows...)
- The Master of Science program includes a 6-month paid internship, EURECOM has an impressive record of international internship opportunities in leading companies.
Fall semester (October-January)
|T||ATMM||3.00||Advanced topics in multimedia|
|T||ImCompress||5.00||Image and video Compression and Processing|
|T||MathEng||3.00||Basics Mathematical Methods for Engineers|
|T||MMIR||3.00||Multimedia indexing and retrieval|
|T||Netw_I||5.00||Introduction to computer networking and internet|
|T||WebInt||3.00||Human-computer interaction for the Web: interaction design and user evaluation|
Spring semester (February-June)
|T||3DGraph||5.00||3-D and virtual imaging (analysis and synthesis)|
|T||AlgoDesign||3.00||Applied Algorithm Design|
|T||ImSecu||3.00||Imaging for security applications watermarking & biometrics|
|T||Speech||3.00||Speech and audio processing|
|T||WebSem||3.00||An Introduction to Semantic Web technologies|
I am Deepak Kumar JAIN from India in Dept. of Multimedia in Information Technology. Having a short professional experience in multimedia technologies helped me in selecting EURECOM for my Masters studies and my decision proved correct when my studies were supported by Orange MAEE scholarship. EURECOM is known for its research capabilities with higher emphasis on practical aspects of education. Not only EURECOM helps to develop the technical capabilities but also the management and intellectual because of its balanced course curriculum. In all, masters in Multimedia provide a rigorous but innovative platform to learn in this fast evolving field.
Currently I am working as Vision Research Engineer in R&D Department of Valeo Vision Systems in Ireland.
Deepak Kumar JAIN, class of 2012