Graduate School and Research Center In communication systems


EURECOM does not have on-campus residences but our admission office helps its future students find accommodation by providing them contacts from various housing options. Students are responsible for their choice of accommodation and should be aware of all the conditions before signing a housing contract. In any case, students should not pay for lists of accomodation opportunities proposed by private estate companies, since these offers are often non-valid. 


Students are strongly advised to refer to us for any doubt or questions before signing a housing contract to be sure it complies with the law. Please find an example of housing contract.



EURECOM is located in the commune of BIOT at the heart of Sophia Antipolis, EUROPE’s largest technology park, northwest of ANTIBES (8km) and CANNES (15km) and southwest of NICE (22km). Sophia Antipolis falls within the communes of Valbonne, Mougins, Biot, Vallauris and Antibes.

Other towns such as Vallauris, Grasse or Mougins are only accessible with a car.



The majority of EURECOM’ students live in ANTIBES/JUAN LES PINS, pleasant city by the seashore and major touristic spot of the French Rivieria, well distributed with public buses.


35- 50 min  by bus from EURECOM

The second biggest group of students live in BIOT and VALBONNE. The communes are located in the hills and close to EURECOM. They provide less social activities than Antibes but enjoy a very calm and safe environment for studies.


15-30 min by bus from  EURECOM

A minority of students choose to live in NICE.

Nice is the biggest city of the French Riviera and provides many cultural activities and the location of France’ second international airport. There are frequent buses from Nice to EURECOM but traffic jams can be heavy.

45min to 1h00 by bus from



Students have the choice between several housing options. Half of EURECOM' students live in residences (both private or public) and the other half in private rentals.


Private residence halls


Private residences usually offer fully furnished and comfortable one-room apartments. Electricity and water may be sometimes included in the rent.

Residences require at least one month rent as a deposit. Some offer the possibility of short-term contracts (from one to several months).

Price: from 400 to 600€/month depending on the surface.

Private residences usually require non refundable registration fees (from 120€ to 200€).

  • Some residences are also subject to local tax (like hotels), which costs around 1€/day.

Check the updated list of residences nearby EURECOM.


Individual rental offers from private landlords


EURECOM has long-term relations with private landlords. Each new student is provided with a list of updated private rental offers: fully furnished studio, apartments for two or more people in various locations. Some students choose to live in shared villas (4 to 6 people usually). Sharing flats may a more affordable option.

Price: from 400 to 700€/month depending on the surface and equippment. Prices may not include rental charges (usually 50-60€/month). Before renting with a private landlord, make sure you are fully aware of the all the costs (rental charges, electricity, water, WIFI access...).

Please contact tadmission [at] eurecom [dot] fr (subject: accomodation%20EURECOM) (he Admission Office) for more information.


Admitted students receive full information regarding accomodation by mail once they confirm their admission.



New students will also be invited on a dedicated facebook group with the current students to share information.



Flat-sharing websites:





admission [at] eurecom [dot] fr (subject: Accomodation) (Social Affairs Office)



An recurrent word may come up in your housing search in France: the GUARANTOR. Some student residences and private landlords may require a guarantor living in France or in nearby EU countries.

A guarantor is a person or organization who may guarantee the payment of the rent and any bills in case of default on the tenant. Their financial resources must correspond to three times the amount of the rent.

In case the student does not have a guarantor, he can obtain a bank guarantee which is worth 3 times the amount of the rent. To obtain this guarantee, the student needs to open a bank account in France.



International students can be eligible for the housing allowance, provided by the French public institutions CAF  (Caisse d'Allocations Familiales). They need to apply online and send documents to the CAF office in Nice.

  • Don’t forget to mention your CAF number (sent by the CAF offices) on your letters, and keep a copy of all your correspondence.
  • Housing allowance can only be paid on a French bank account.
  • Housing allowance can only be paid once all the procedures with the resident permit are validated (in January) but it will cover the previous months spent in France.
  • Private landlords and student residences may directly receive the housing subsidy from CAF and thus decrease your monthly rent.
  • There is no housing subsidy for September. Payment will start in November for the previous month of October.



You will have to subscrire to a housing insurance covering your flat during your stay in France. It costs around 65€/year and can be done by French banks when you open your bank account. You will need to have it changed when you move out to another place because it is linked to a particular address.