Navid Nikaein is an assistant professor in the Comunication systems department at Eurecom since 2009, where he is exploring ideas stem from experimental system research related to wireless access networking (L2/L3) in cellular, adhoc/mesh, and cloud settings with realistic use-cases.
- In 2003, he obtained a PhD degree in communication systems from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL)
- In 2000, a M.Sc. degree in networking from Nice Sophia-Antipolis University
- Navid Nikaein has defended his HDR (french appellation for "Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches") in 2015
- Leading the development of in-lab system validation platform for LTE/LTE-A system as well as its mesh extension in the OpenAirInterface
- Participating in technology transfer, continuing-education programs and training sessions, on behalf of Eurecom, on specific topics of interest in wireless networking and access technologies and standards.
- Best-in-Session Presentation Award during INFOCOM 2016, for "Optimal downlink and uplink user association in Backhaul-limited HetNets" written with his co-authors (Spyropoulos, Thrasyvoulos; and Salim, Umer).
- Navid Nikaein an his co-authors have received a Best Paper Award for the article "Multicast and Virtual Road Side Units for Multi Technology Alert Messages Dissemination", during the 1st International Workshop on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks for Public Safety Systems, 2011