Navid Nikaein is an assistant professor in mobile communication department at Eurecom since 2009, where he is exploring ideas stem from experimental system research related to wireless access networking (L2/L3) in cellular, adhoc/mesh, and cloud settings with realistic use-cases.
- In 2003, he obtained a PhD degree in communication systems from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL)
- In 2000, a M.Sc. degree in networking from Nice Sophia-Antipolis University
- Navid Nikaein has defended his HDR (french appellation for "Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches") in 2015
- Leading the development of in-lab system validation platform for LTE/LTE-A system as well as its mesh extension in the OpenAirInterface
- Participating in technology transfer, continuing-education programs and training sessions, on behalf of Eurecom, on specific topics of interest in wireless networking and access technologies and standards.