Pietro Michiardi teaches two courses that focus on the design and the analysis of large scale distributed systems, and algorithms:
- "Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing" gives comprehensive view on recent topics and trends in distributed systems and cloud computing, including parallel processing systems, distributed database systems and modern datacenter design.
- "Algorithmic Machine Learning" provides an applied approach to algorithmic problems arising in practical data science projects, and is centered on parallel and distributed computing frameworks.
- Scalable Machine Learning Algorithms
- Computational Statistics
- Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Best Paper Award at the conference ITC2016 (28th International Teletraffic Congress, 2016), "Access-time Cache Aware Algorithms"·
- Best Student Paper Award in the Workshop on Optimization in Wireless Networks (WiOpt) March 3-5, 2003, Sophia Antipolis, "A game theoretical approach to evaluate cooperation enforcement mechanisms in mobile ad hoc networks"