- In 1980-1981, he taught at the Faculty of Sciences in Rabat (Morocco).
- Between 1992 and 2015 he was in the Multimedia Dept.
- Now he teaches Intelligent Systems and Multimedia Information Retrieval in the Data Science Dept.
MALIS / Fall 2015 - Machine Learning and Intelligent System
The objective of this course is to give student a solid background on Machine Learning techniques. "Machine learning is a scientific/engineering discipline that deals with the construction and study of algorithms that can learn from data. Such algorithms operate by building a model based on inputs:2 and using that to make predictions or decisions, rather than following only explicitly programmed instructions." (Wikipedia) The relationship with intelligence is that those techniques are often useful to build effective models in situations where no optimal solution in known, for example fraud detection in credit card usage. The resulting systems can be considered as having some kind of intelligent behavior.
MMIR / Fall 2015 - Multimedia indexing and retrieval
- While search engines such as Google are extremely efficient for huge databases of text documents, searching for image and video information is still a research challenge.
- The objective of this course is to study some of the problems and techniques that are involved in the construction of multimedia search engines.