Current research topics
- Mobility modeling and context prediction of autonomous/manual vehicles and vulnerable road users.
- Cooperative congestion & awareness control.
- Connectivity and graph properties of vehicular networks.
- Enhancement of positioning systems for transport-related applications.
- Benefit of vehicular communication and ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) on traffic efficiency, traffic safety and transport automations.
Current research interests
- Mobility Modeling and Management (vehicles, pedestrian, 2-wheelers..)
- Dependable Heterogeneous Vehicular Communications
- Cooperative Strategies in Vehicular Networks for Smart Mobility
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Emulation and Simulation Methodologies
Current research memberships
He served as Technical Program Co-Chair of various events such as the special session on traffic telematics at IEEE PIMRC'09, IEEE Conference on Wireless Vehicular Communications (WiVeC) 2008 and 2010 respectively, IEEE Conference on Wireless On-demand Network Systems and Services (WONS) and IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC) in 2012, BMW-TUM-EURECOM Summer School on Smart Mobility (2013-2014), as well as IEEE ICC Workshop on Dependable Vehicular Communication in 2015.
He is member of the IEEE and the ACM.
He is also involved into the standardization activities of the CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium, and at the "ETSI TC ITS" on aspects related to channel congestion control as well as simulation methodologies. Between 2011 and 2014, participated in three ETSI Specialist Task Forces on Congestion Control and Multi-Channel Operations for ITS. He is CAR 2 CAR WG Communication Co-Chair.
He actively serves as a reviewer of top-tier technical conferences, magazine or journals including "IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine", "IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference", "ACM VANET", "IEEE WiVeC", "IEEE INFOCOM", "IEEE Transaction of Mobile Computing or Transactions on Vehicular Technologies".
- In October 2016, he won the Best Student Paper Award with Minh Hoang for their paper "Cooperative localization in GNSS-aided VANETs with accurate IR-UWB range measurements" during IEEE WPNC 2016.
- In July 2013, he received the Best Poster Award with his co-authors Bernhard Kloiber and Thomas Strang for the article "Tweaking vehicular safety communications" (BMW Eurecom TUM Summer School on Smart Mobility 2020)
- He received the Best Demo/Poster Award of the ACM MSWIM 2011, the 14th ACM Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems, Miami Beach, USA with Prof. C. Bonnet for "Modeling and Simulating ITS Applications with iTETRIS".
- He received the Best Technical Paper Award of the VTC Fall 2005, 62nd IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference Dallas, USA with Prof. Christian Bonnet for "A Lower Bound for Vehicles' Trajectory Duration".