04 93 00 82 00
Current research topics
- Operational security
- Attack attribution
- Cloud computing
- Trustworthy Infrastructures
Current research interests
- He is mostly interested in the following research areas: attack attribution, underground economy, trustworthy infrastructure, cloud computing, privacy, intrusion detection, core internet security.
Current research memberships
- He has cofounded in 1998, with Kathleen Jackson from the Los Alamos National Lab, the symposium on «Recent Advances on Intrusion Detection» (RAID), now considered as the main conference in this area. He is still chairing its steering committee.
- He has served in more than 60 program committees of major security and dependability conferences and is a member of the steering committee of the «European Symposium on Research for Computer Security» (ESORICS).
- He is frequently invited as a keynote speaker in major events.
- He has served on the editorial board of the following journals: IEEE, TDSC, ACM TISSEC and JIAS.
- He has been actively involved in a number of European projects over the last two decades.
- Among other things, he was the co-director, with Brian Randell from Newcastle University, of the MAFTIA European Project and the technical coordinator of the WOMBAT project.