Mobile communication systems
- The purpose of this course is to present a series of mobile systems in their entirety to synthesize the knowledge gained in more fundamental courses, to explore current and emerging standards and to follow the evolution of various mobile services.
This course presents a series of mobile systems in their entirety to synthesize the knowledge gained in more fundamental courses. It explores current and emerging standards and follows the evolution of various mobile services. It covers : GSM, GPRS, EDGE : protocols in the core, access networks. Radio interface management for circuit switched and packets. UMTS : spread spectrum and CDMA techniques.
2G system : GSM
- The Circuit Switched approach : Global procedures to handle Mobility and Mobile phone Calls
- Radio Interface Architecture
- Core network Architecture
2.5 G system : GPRS/EDGE
- Impact of Packet Switching : Core Network procedures and Radio Interface
3G systems and beyond : UMTS, HSDPA
- Impact of new transmission technologies (WCDMA, Packet Scheduling)
- Introduction to 3GPP LTE (Long Term Evolution)
Nb hours per week: 3.00
Control form: examen écrit+TP notés