Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing
T Technical Teaching
- The goal of this course is to provide a comprehensive view on recent topics and trends in distributed systems and cloud computing.
- We will discuss the software techniques employed to construct and program reliable, highly-scalable systems.
- We will also cover architecture design of modern datacenters and virtualization techniques that constitute a central topic of the cloud computing paradigm.
- The course is complemented by a number of lab sessions to get hands-on experience with Hadoop and the design of scalable algorithms with MapReduce.
- Datacenter Design and Architectures
- Energy Efficiency
- Distributed File Systems (part 1)
- Distributed File Systems (part 2)
- MapReduce: Motivations and Theory
- MapReduce: Hadoop internals
- MapReduce: Programming Model and Algorithms
- Database Systems
- Distributed Database Systems
- Distributed Data Stores and NoSQL Systems
Nb hours: 42.00