Wireless Systems and Protocols
The Research Group addresses “upper layers” of Mobile Communications Systems (above PHY).
It also supports the OpenAirInterface Protocols development (real time and emulation experimental platforms)
The objective of this research field is to address challenging problems proposed by novel wireless systems by developing efficient communication protocols. When it is possible and desirable, we evaluate these protocols on experimental platforms.
Various application domains and systems are addressed by our research, amongst them:
• Public Safety Networks, Alerting Networks
• LTE Advanced Networks for Video Applications
• LTE Advanced Networks for Machine 2 Machine Communications
• Vehicular Networks (V2V, V2I)
• Heterogeneous Networks with heterogeneous RATs
• Cooperative Intelligent Transportation Systems
The Research Group put efforts in contributing actively to the standardization bodies